Friday, June 5, 2020

Easy Roasted Asparagus

Here in Pennsylvania, the growing season is just starting out.  I have just finally planted the last of my seeds and seedlings and hopefully they will grow to produce bumper crops.  One of my husband's favorite Springtime vegetables is asparagus.  Now, asparagus is a perennial plant and I am super indecisive. So much to my husband's dismay, I have never committed to growing it in my own garden.  Lucky for him, this week's CSA basket had this beautiful bundle of tender spears.  Along with the basket came this recipe for roasted asparagus.  It was very easy to prepare and roasted up beautifully. 



Easy Roasted Asparagus

Ingredients:
    1 pound asparagus
    2 Tablespoons olive oil
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice
    2-3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese

1. Wash asparagus spears and cut off the tough ends.
2. Arrange them on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle on salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
4. Rub the spears so that the salt, pepper, and garlic powder distribute all over evenly.
5. Roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until the asparagus is slightly golden brown and tender when pierced with a fork.
6. Drizzle lemon juice and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment